Since my twins were born, make ahead freezer meals have basically been the only way that I have gotten complete nutritious meals on the table for my family. When we don’t have meals in the freezer, my husband usually makes a quick pasta, or we end up getting a pizza or even eating cold cereal for dinner (whatever it takes to survive, right?!).
One of my friends, who is also a mother of twins, invited me to be a part of a freezer meal cooking club that she started after having her twins. Once a month, a few of us get together and prepare 8-10 meals that we freeze for later. I love having a group of friends to cook with, but making meals ahead of time is possible (and totally worth it) even if you have to do it on your own.
One of the hardest parts of making freezer meals ahead of time is knowing what meals will taste good and cook well after being frozen. Our club has experienced some trial and error when it comes to recipes, but we now have some solid favorites.
Here are eight tried and true meals for you to enjoy:
- Baked Chicken MozzarellaThis recipe is one of my very own, and I love it! It goes really well with pasta, but I often just serve the chicken with veggies to make it a healthier, low carb meal.
- Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Vegetarian Lasagna: One of the times that we made this lasagna, we ground up all of the veggies in the food processor and added it to the ricotta cheese mix. That is my favorite way to prepare this meal! The kids don’t notice the veggies at all when they are just a part of the cheese.
- Cafe Rio Pork Salad
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas: I am going to declare this meal the family favorite. Everybody just loves these sweet, cheesy enchiladas.
- Slow Cooker Bavarian Meatball Sandwiches
- Chicken Casserole with Sweet Potato and PancettaYum. Just yum. Although this recipe takes a bit more work to prepare beforehand, it is just amazing after it’s cooked. Even the freezer can’t steal these wonderful flavors.
- Crock Pot Chicken Taquitos
These meals are simple to prepare and delicious. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!
Don’t forget these supplies to make your life easier!
More from Ready For All Things
Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I love. Thanks for your support!